Tridena’s GDPR Event
18 April 2018, Milton Keynes Conference Centre.
Why should you consider attending Tridena’s GDPR event?
In May 2018 the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force. The UK data protection regulator describes this as a ‘game changer’. The penalties for not dealing with personal data in accordance with GDPR will be enormous. The fines are a maximum of 20 million euros, or 4% of annual turnover.
Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) face perhaps the biggest challenge, they will have many of the same legal obligations as large commercial companies. However, they are unlikely to have the same resources.
How can Tridena help you prepare for GDPR?
We will explain plainly what GDPR is. We will outline the risks and challenges. We will provide you with practical advice on how to review your business practices to become GDPR compliant. Our experts will help you understand the types of technical and organisational solutions that you should consider.
Tridena are experts in security and data privacy, this is what we do. We want to build strong relationships with businesses in and around Milton Keynes. This is why we have designed what we think is the best value GDPR training available.
What will the day cover?
1. GDPR and Data Protection – What is GDPR, what the important definitions actually mean, and how to commence reviewing your business practices.
2. Information security – What threats are relevant and what technical measures you should consider. Many of these are free or low cost.
3. Privacy policies – How to ensure that your privacy policies are well drafted and protect you.
4. People – How you need to manage employee data. What your staff need to know about GDPR and the risks they can face through non-compliance.
5. Data Breach – What is a data breach, when must the UK regulator be informed, the timescales, and how to manage the issue.
When: April 18th, 2018 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM (registration starts at 9:00)
Where: MKConferencing in Milton Keynes (Directions here)
Cost: Free! (Includes complimentary tea/coffee)
If you have any questions regarding Tridena or the training event contact us .